Automotive Lift Institute, Inc.
Lift Inspector Certification Program
Every individual and/or firm is directly responsible for their own actions. As such, each must act in the most professional, ethical, and legal manner to advance the Automotive Lift Institute’s mission of promoting the safe design, construction, installation, inspection, and use of automotive lift products.
- I hold automotive lift safety as my highest core value.
- I will conduct myself honorably, lawfully, and ethically.
- I believe educating others on the topic of automotive lift safety is a shared responsibility of every individual and/or firm.
- I will enhance the integrity and reputation of the automotive lift inspection profession by interacting with other inspectors, customers, suppliers, and all other parties in a manner consistent with fair and ethical business practices.
- I will continually strive to improve automotive lift related safety processes.
- Whenever possible I will communicate openly and with integrity on matters of automotive lift safety.
- I recognize that often the Certified Inspector will be the only onsite source with readily accessible knowledge or information pertaining to automotive lift related occupational safety and health requirements. Therefore, I endeavor to educate shop owners, managers, supervisors and their employees about these requirements whenever possible.
- I will not act in a manner that compromises operator safety or the safety of those where an automotive lift is intended to be operated.
- I will extend my automotive lift safety efforts beyond the workplace to include residential lifts, the hobby and collector market, and local code enforcement offices in my community.
- I acknowledge the interdependency between the success of our business and the well-being of the communities in which I operate. I am committed to making a positive social contribution within those communities and acknowledge my responsibility to engage the communities in which I work.
As an Inspector certified by ALI, I will remain free from any undue commercial, financial, or other pressures that may adversely affect the quality of my employment with my company, and I will not solicit or accept any personal benefit from any person or organization that may cause any actual or perceived conflict of interest. Furthermore, if I am asked to evaluate or audit a product of a client of the company for which I have been an employee, for which I have provided design/consultative services, or for which I hold any financial interest, including the holding of stocks unless a mutual fund or in a corporate retirement savings plan, I shall immediately bring such potential conflict to the attention of my company’s key officer so my work schedule can be revised as deemed necessary.