ANSI/ALI ALOIM: 2020 Standard for Automotive Lifts – Safety Requirements for Operation, Inspection and Maintenance
Lift Safety Standard Covering Lift Use, Inspection and Maintenance
ANSI/ALI ALOIM “Safety Requirements for Operation, Inspection and Maintenance” is the safety standard governing automotive lift use, inspection and maintenance in North America. It applies to car lifts, truck lifts, automotive hoists and vehicle lifts.
The standard describes requirements for:
- Lift operator qualifications, training and responsibilities.
- Lift owner or employer responsibilities regarding operator training, lift inspection and maintenance, both planned and repair.
- Periodic lift inspections performed by a qualified lift inspector at least annually.
- Lift inspector qualifications, training and documentation.
- Lift inspection procedure and inspection points.
- Planned and repair maintenance personnel qualifications and training.
- Planned and repair maintenance procedure and frequency.
- Replacement parts approved by the original equipment manufacturer or meeting original manufacturer specifications.
The standard also includes appendices containing an operator training log, planned maintenance log and repair service log to help owners or employers document compliance with this standard.
This version took effect on January 1, 2021. The American National Standards Institute, Inc. (ANSI) approved this standard on March 13, 2020. Approval requires verification by ANSI that the requirements for due process, consensus, and other criteria for approval have been met by the standards developer. ALI is the ANSI Accredited Standards Developer* and sponsor of ANSI/ALI ALOIM, as well as its companion standards ANSI/ALI ALCTV “Safety Requirements for Construction, Testing and Validation” and ANSI/ALI ALIS “Safety Requirements for Installation and Service of Automotive Lifts.”
The standard is available in print only and is 40 pages.
Bonus: Free Safety Tips Card with every copy!